Praises – Rejoice with us!
- Hallelujah! We requested prayer for two church planters whom BIEM had invited to speak in American churches to receive permission from the U.S. to come. Their interview at the embassy in Moscow went well, and they received visas. They plan to come this month!
- Although not all reports from summer camps are in, those we’ve received indicate happy children, happy parents, and tired (but happy!) workers. Many kids from non-Christian homes attended their first Christian camp and heard the Gospel. Workers express exuberant thank you’s to BIEM’s supporters for making such camps possible.
- On August 2, the Lord blessed our missionaries in the Republic of Georgia, Micah and Alisha Tuttle, with the birth of a son. We thank the Lord for this new addition to their family! Also, the Tuttles praise God for the salvation decision of a woman who had attended Bible studies for a year but trusted in religion only. Now she has placed trust in Christ alone.
- Church planter Vitaly Yurchenko in Chervona Sloboda, Ukraine has been able to reach out to a local orphanage. This can become a regular outreach. Praise God!
Prayer – Pray with us!
- This month BIEM president Sam Slobodian will be in Kyiv, Ukraine, with 3 pastors (from Indiana and Minnesota), who will teach in our Fall Seminary session. They will also minister in churches and participate in baptismal services in Desna and Ternopil. Please pray for God to bless these sessions and baptisms, which are public evangelistic events.
- Last month we requested prayer for Rachel, our missionaries’ daughter with Lyme disease: They report, “Rachel is doing much better. Thank you for prayers. We wondered if 21 days of antibiotics would cure her, but for now her symptoms have ceased. We pray that she will not relapse and that our schedule of travel won’t adversely affect her health.”
- Writing from Peru, church planter Wilber Huillca reminds us of a basic truth: Christian workers pour out themselves for the sakes of those they try to reach and disciple for Christ, but they are not immune to attacks from the Devil. He says, “Pray for our spiritual lives. May God help us to conquer the trials that come every day. Pray, too, for economic provision for our family and the ministry….”
- BIEM missionary Igor Balashov is currently leading a team in the Far East of Russia, as far as the Magadan area. Please pray for the Holy Spirit to work through them.