- Sign up for the Challenger Newsletter
- Sign up for the prayer list
- Tell a friend about BIEM
- Donate through Paypal
- BIEM's Strategy
- Ministries and Outreaches
- Get to know our missionaries
- How BIEM got its start
- Biem's Doctrinal Statement
Baptist International Evangelistic Ministries (BIEM) was founded in 1981 by Dr. Peter Slobodian, a Ukrainian born veteran missionary burdened to reach his own people behind the Iron Curtain in the Soviet Union. BIEM’s effective strategy places nationals in the forefront of the ministry, minimizing the American presence as much as possible.
We have a unique and successful strategy of training nationals to pastor churches. We have ongoing church building projects, a servicemen's center for national military personnel and a variety of other strategic outreaches. We have national workers who run a substance abuse rehabilitation center and orphanages. We send a container of humanitarian aid to orphanages and the poor and needy in multiple countries in Eastern Europe.
- Take an interest in learning how the Gospel is going “even unto the end of the world” (Matt. 28:20)
- Sign up to receive our free “Challenger” newsletter, which shares current projects, victories, and prayer requests.
- Consider contributing financial support.
- Pray for us and tell your friends and family about what God is doing through BIEM.